* This event will be conducted in Chinese. 本活動將以中文進行.
More than 15 years has passed since the Company Act was last amended in 2001. It is time to revamp the Company Act to keep up with the continuously evolving global economy and recent changes to Taiwan in terms of industrial development, demographic structure, as well as the international economic environment. Comprehensive amendments are widely viewed as long overdue given the many challenges arising from the transformation of industries, the emergence of micro e-commerce businesses, the aging population, the increasing importance of stakeholders, and environmental sustainability.
To address this issue, a few devoted scholars set up a “Steering Committee of Company Act Reform” (the Steering Committee) in February 2016 with more than 70 participants from multiple industries, government and universities to study each relevant topic extensively and propose amendments to the Company Act. Unfortunately, there has been strong pushback from the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) against some of the much-needed recommendations.
We are pleased to invite you to this important workshop to discuss the proposed amendments to Taiwan’s Company Act
as it affects all companies and investment activities of Taiwan. Participants will be able to freely ask questions in the workshop and network with people facing similar issues.Topics
To raise awareness, the Steering Committee will cover the following topics:
- Explanations on why changes to the Company Act are so urgently needed
- The foreign laws that have been considered and approaches undertaken by the committee during their study
- The major proposed revise to the Company Act
- The government and the general public reaction to the proposed changes
- Any feedback from AmCham members?